Heidi Bagwell

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

First off, let me just say how excited I am to have my website underway!! We still have lots of ideas and things to add, so just bear with me as my web designer and I work out all the "bugs".

Well, I am officially almost 2 weeks post Nationals and still full as a tick! For those of you that are just kinda learning a little about me, I LOVE TO EAT!!

My experience in Miami was exciting, frustrating, happy and humbling all rolled into one big ol' ball! From arriving "puffy" from the plane ride, (I had no idea that being on a plane could do that to you!) then trying to pull off the excess water to make weight and on top of it all, I got some wonderful puking bug and fever..... When I decided to do Nats this year, I went into it going for the experience of a top level National show..Man, did I get what I asked for!! All I can say is that the women there all had awesome conditioning and were holding their femininity all at the same time. I met some of the most gracious people backstage. (Kaylie P. is so great!! I had no idea we have so much in common!)

All this being said, I am sooo excited for the coming year!! I will DEFIANTLY be bringing a different package. I really want to come in a whole lot tighter and harder and I think I have a great game plan to get me there!!

So, I start getting all these plans together, and what do I do?? I went back to the gym last Friday (I think it was the 17th) to teach my Friday morning rebounding class, (high impact aerobics on mini trampolines) and I get this severe tightening in my right shin between my ankle and knee. I thought I was just a little tight since it was my first cardio session since before Nats. Well, it got extremely painful and just moving my toes was excruciating! So off to the emergency room I go. They did xrays to rule out any stress fractures and came to the conclusion that I had a slight tear and muscle strain in the front of my leg. The swelling is almost gone and I can bear weight on it now. I take crutches with me when I go out to have them to lean on but am able to hobble around the house without them. My son has affectionately started calling me "peg leg". You gotta love 11 year old boys! So, Monday I am going to do some type of cardio and a workout because I am in DESPERATE need of some exercise!! But I think I'll eat some turkey tomorrow first...hehehehe....

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!!

MUAH!!

Heidi
PS...here's a pic from Miami...I was in front of the famous Miami Ink Tattoo Studio..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home